Thursday, August 30, 2012

LEARNING TO LOVE...

     This post is not about what you may think, after reading the title. It not a teaching on how to love your husband, wife, or children. Nor is about how we as Godly people are suppose to love one another, Jesus told us very explictly how to do that, we just have to read the Word. What this post is really about, is LOVING YOURSELF! Ahhh! Got your attention, huh?

    I began to think about this subject when I began to feel insecure about myself and who God called and made me to be. I asked my self a question: "Just who are you?" And when I began to think about it, I found I had a hard time thinking and saying who I really am! My next thought was: "How do you feel about yourself? "(and yes, sometimes it's good to talk to yourself!...you know you do it, too!) It was at that time I realized...I Didn't Love Myself! I had never really taken the time to! This was a real eye-opener.

    I had to start facing some facts about me. The first thing I faced is the fact that I have never taken the time to invest in myself, to devote time to what I really wanted out of life. I realized that I had to search for things about myself that I loved, while being able to say many negative things about myself. I realized that all of the beautiful gifts and talents I have, are buried deep inside while I strive fervently to pull the gifts and talents of others out of them, while pushing, and encouraging them into their destiny with so much love, that I am often overwhelmed with concern, and sometimes worry concerning them!

     I am beginning to realize that all this must change! I realize that not knowing who I am, and Loving who I am, is a hinderance to my walking into my destiny! It keeps me from allowing myself to operate at my full potential,which was Divinely given to me by God! I began to wonder if my not truly loving myself, could hinder me from truly loving others in the capacity my God desires me to? Is this causing me to worry about what others feel about who I am? Is this causing me to be concerned about being rejected and not accepted?! It is my next thought that moved me to address this matter...THIS IS NOT THE WILL OF GOD FOR ME! So, I decided that I needed to learn to love myself! I put all of my heart into loving and caring about, and caring for others, and now I'm Learning to LOVE...MYSELF!



    But after all of that, don't you know I began to think,  am I being selfish!? It was then that the Lord stepped into my crazy little mind and said: "If you do not love yourself, it's like saying you are not thankful for who, and what  I have made you. It is like saying that I made something that was not good. It is like you are taking the light that I have made you and hiding it under a bushel! It is like saying that My Spirit, which lives inside of you, has not made you the Beautiful, Wonderful, Righteous, Anointed person you are, especially in My eyes! Remember my Word...the same Word you and your husband taught your son since he was a baby...

Psalm 139:14, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."
Verse 17, "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!" Learn to see yourself through My eyes...with all of the Love I have for you, which was demonstrated by the death of My Son, Jesus Christ! Learn to think of what My Word says I think of you...Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Learn, now, to Love yourself! Then you will see an even greater work that I will do through you towards others, and My Kingdom!"
    
 

       After that, all I could do was rejoice and say THANK YOU LORD!!! You might say, "Why is Pastor telling all of this?" Well...IT'S TO ENCOURAGE YOU! Not loving "me", and who God made me, along with the gifts and talents He gave me, even caused me to stop writing my blog! The lack of love for myself and who God made me, cause me to worry about the blog not being supported by some of the people I know, which include some family and friends. But the Lord brought to my attention the last blog I wrote. In one day, there were 1,518 page views for just that post alone, from people I DON'T KNOW! GLORY TO GOD! So, This is for YOU! Learn to love yourself and the God in you, and place your life and the things He has called you to do in HIS HANDS! Someone out there is feeling the same way I did! Someone may face this later on in their life. Or, you may know someone who may be going through this. Whatever the case may be, we all should find ourselves, if you don't already...LEARNING TO LOVE...YOURSELF! Because Someone Greater than you made you to be who you are! It may take a minute, but look forward to the day you can say...

                                                  

8 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! I'm so very proud of you Mommy! This was an AWESOME blog and it is going to help so many that are scared to even speak about what you've shared. It is going to give so many people courage and strength to step out into their destiny. Thank you for sharing and thank you for obeying God, to write this! It definitely inspired me! I Love You So Much! I can't wait to see the manifestation of what is to come for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KiKi! Not many people will admit that they have not learned to love themselves. But it is through EXPOSING what the enemy has tried to keep us bound with, that we get the victory! he is defeated, and we are VICTORIOUS, IN JESUS CHRIST! I love you, MORE!

      Delete
  2. Thank you again Pastor Sheila<3 It has inspired me to do better about loving myself first. I will continue to visit your blog for it truly an inspiration to me. I also will share this with my FB family and friends hoping and praying not just me will have a better understanding of the person we are suppose to be. Bless you in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you were blessed, Cynthia! Thanks for sharing, also! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Apostle Rich MillerFriday, August 31, 2012

    Very well written Babe! A much needed and inspirational post that will bless so many folks that struggle with this issue. Keep on doing what you do best...sow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baby! More people than will admit, have this issue. But nothing is to hard for God,we just have to give it to Him! I thank God that He gives seed to the sower!

      Delete
  4. I am overwhelmed right now, you don't know how much this was needed right this very second....but God did, so I thank you for being obedient to Him !!! I am soooooo encouraged and I want you to be encouraged to continue in allllllll that God has for you !!! I LOVE YOU AND MAY OUR AWESOME GOD BLESS YOU BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo glad you were encouraged Apple! When God speaks to us, it's because he loves us, and knows just what we need and when! Love you, more!

      Delete