Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WHO AM I, ANYWAY?!

Once again, the Lord dropped a strange thought in my head! The thought was, "DNA." Do you know why you are who you are?" It made me think...Do I? So I began to look at what DNA is. Simply put, DNA is the makeup of something: the combination of features/characteristics that make something what it is. It is the main component of chromosomes that transfers genetic characteristics like traits, qualities or features in all life forms. ( I may have left something out...but you get the picture!)



 
DNA delivered your small or large nose, or your brown eyes and black hair. It delivered dimples to some, large or small lips and hips! And even that bad temper, compassion, or that "I don't care" attitude!" DNA tells the story of who we are, naturally. And no matter what, it can't be changed. When you take the blue contacts out, your eyes are still brown! When you stop dyeing your hair, it's brown or black, not blond! When you smile or talk, those dimples are gonna show up! When you try your best to be nice and controlled, eventually that bad temper is going to present itself. And, if you have a compassionate heart, when you want to be mean and uncaring, you can't! You got your traits, qualities, and features from your parents...the ones who naturally created you. Whether you are thin or a little fluffy, have dark skin, or  light skin, kinky, straight or curly hair...mean, sweet, bossy,  strong leadership qualities, or  you may be timid, these things were transferred to you. And if we were to be frank, some of these things we wish we didn't have, or could change!

But the Lord pointed this out to me: "I want you to focus on who I have made you, and what I, your Heavenly Father have placed in you." This is especially awesome to me at this time! Because I have been going through a really rough period in my life, which involved health issues, people issues, financial issues, family issues, spiritual issues, etc...sound familiar? And sometimes, these issues, we all face, may cause us to ask this question,  "WHO AM I, ANYWAY!!!  Especially in the Lord. We don't always feel like or think like who we really are! This is exactly where the enemy wants us to be, because when we doubt who we are in the Lord, begin to lose faith in Him, and allow the things we see or go through to overtake us, we fall short, and may come to a complete halt in fulfilling the Godly purpose for our lives, and that purpose is to bring Glory to our Father through our lives! But you know, THE devil IS A LIAR! WE ARE WHO OUR FATHER MADE US TO BE!

So...BE ENCOURAGED, GODLY AND BEAUTIFUL CREATION! This is what our Heavenly Father has passed on to us through His Spiritual DNA:

We have FRUIT...Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, Temperance. (Gal.5:22-23).

We have STRENGTH"...strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man." (Eph. 3:16)

Most importantly, our spiritual DNA, which is delivered to us by THE HOLY SPIRIT, carries the Blessings of God on our lives!
We are SUCCESSFUL, because of The Blessing!
(read Deut. 28:12).
We are POWERFUL, because of the Blessing
(Acts 1:8).
We are ROYALTY, HOLY, AND PECULIAR, because of the Blessing! (1 Peter 2:9). And there is sooooo much more to us!
Our Spiritual DNA says, "For we are God's Masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the things he planned of us long ago."
(Eph.2:10 NLT).

From now on, when you start to wonder "WHO AM I, ANYWAY?!, just focus on what GOD has placed in you and who HE has made you to be by His Spirit! Remember, nothing can change DNA! And since we are created new in Christ Jesus, His Masterpiece...Why would we want to!?

Go on! Enjoy who you are! Walk in it! Because no devil in hell can stop what GOD has started/placed in you!

"And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back."
(Phil. 1:6 NLT)




9 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! RIGHT ON TIME AND SUCH AN ENCOURAGING WORD! SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK! THESE BLOGS ARE TRULY NEEDED MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO ENCOURAGE AND STRENGTHEN YOU AS YOU GO FORTH AND DO HIS WILL! I LOVE YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! God is so wise and we are so blessed that He attends to our every need! Thanks for the encouragement! I AM ENCOURAGED! Love you, more!

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU LORD, I AM SOOOOO OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW WITH THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE FACT THAT HE KNOWS WHAT WE NEED , WHEN WE NEED IT AND IS NOT JUST WILLING BUT DESIRES TO GIVE US THAT AND SOOOOO MUCH MORE !!! I AM VERY ENCOURAGED AND I PRAY YOU ARE EVEN MORE ENCOURAGED TO CONTINUE IN HIS WILL FOR YOUR LIFE !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were blessed! What a mighty God we serve! Hold on to His Word!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apostle Rich MillerTuesday, June 19, 2012

    Awesome!!!! A wonderful reminder of WHOSE we are. Love You! Welcome back...continue to allow the Lord to use you, because that's who YOU are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Apostle! Keep praying for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor Sheila, this article is awesome. I love it!!! What a wonderful GOD we serve that HE would just tell us who we REALLY ARE!!! Beautifully done. GOD bless you Pastor. These articles should be in magazines all over. GREAT reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I'm thankful you were blessed! Every time I think of how blessed we are to be a child of the KING, I get overwhelmed!! I Love Him!!

    ReplyDelete