Saturday, April 21, 2012

DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF?

This post comes from a statement that I heard, made by a man to the woman he loves. They were in a pretty bad situation and she said some very bad, ugly, hurtful things to him and about him. Later, they overcame the situation and she apologized for everything she had said, and acknowledged that the things she said were unforgivable! She expressed how much she loved him, and didn't mean the things she said. His reply was, "Yes, you did mean them, you said those things, not because you don't love me, but because you don't love yourself."

For some reason, this got me to thinking...how many people out there, hurt other people with words and deeds because they don't love themselves...and the things they do and say are really things they feel about themselves and would like to do to themselves, because of this fact.

How many people have a past that they just can't let go of. How many people are miserable inside because they use to be be unlovable, and even though they have changed their lives, are truly beautiful people with good hearts, they still can't get past what they use to be. They don't know what it is to love themselves, so it's hard to really feel free to love someone else.

I wonder how many people are able to love others, do for others, have compassion for others, except others, encourage others, and even pray and intercede for others, but when it comes to themselves, they have empty thoughts, and no feelings of love or respect. They have a problem seeing what and who they really are because of all the things that use to be.


Hurts and pain that are still lying deep within the heart, terrible memories that have taken a permanent resident in the mind, vivid pictures of situations and circumstances...and especially people who have hurt them, and who they have hurt, forbid them from living...they may be alive, but they are not really living...because they are never really at peace, they never have learned to love who they really are, without the all of the ugliness...

This one scripture dropped in my heart for anyone who may feeling this way: 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Being a "new creature" in Christ means the old creature is dead and gone! Being new means not old or familiar! It means different from the former! It means refreshed and regenerated! It means being such for the first time! Being in Christ means:
  • you are young...no matter what your age!
  • you are a person that people, the devil, and even you are unfamiliar with! A person that is lovable, from the inside out!
  • you are refreshed and regenerated because of the love of God and the Blood of Jesus!
  • you are born again...you have been given a chance to be you, who God has created you to be, as if it were the first time! Sparkling clean, fresh start to a new life!

Throw away the obituary of the creature that died! Take the time to fall in love with who God has made you! Start loving yourself, doing for yourself, taking care of yourself, and encouraging yourself! Praise and thank God for giving you a new life! When you do, you will be amazed at how your life will change!

If you don't know Jesus Christ, today is the perfect day to except Him, by faith as your Savior and Lord! He will make your life brand new! Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-29, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (NLT).

Blessings and much Love!

Pastor Sheila



3 comments:

  1. My my my, this is really something to think about and also great encouragement to anyone who would read it ! Thanks Pastor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True! A question we must all ask ourselves! I at times don't think I love myself. I need to take time for me and truly appreciate who I am in God.

    Thanks my sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I Thank You Soooo Much For This My Pastor,This was sooo MUCH NEEDED!!!! I LOVE YOU AND THANK GOD FOR YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete