Tuesday, March 27, 2012

VULNERABLE... BUT VICTORIOUS!!

    At first, I didn't know why the Lord dropped the word "vulnerable" in my spirit. But, I knew it was for a good reason, so I began to listen and think about it. Many time we hear the word vulnerable used to describe a person that is weak for one reason or another. I have heard it used to describe a person that is not aware of, or able to ward off, or detect some sort of attack, trick or seduction. This, in some instances, makes people pity one who is deemed vulnerable. People may even think that the vulnerable person is an ignorant person, with a sign on their back that reads, "take advantage of me!" or "I can be fooled."

    But what does this word really mean? Or better yet, what does it have to do with me, Lord? What does it have to do with your people? Well, let's look at what the word means.
The word "Vulnerable" means: CAPABLE OF BEING PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY WOUNDED OR HURT. OPEN TO TEMPTATION, PERSUASION. SUSCEPTIBLE TO BEING WOUNDED OR HURT, AS BY A WEAPON. When I read this definition, my spiritual eyes and ears opened.

    I began to see myself, my life, and some things I have gone through, and especially the call God has place on my life to preach and teach His Word, as well as prophesy, and bring healing and deliverance to His people. I saw the anointing of a mentor and mother in operation to pull women, and men  up from under the bondage of sin, guilt and shame and how they have, and will become free from the grips of the enemy, because of the Power of God! And I also saw the Sword he put in my mouth to cut and heal by His Spirit. It made me realize that all of this made me VULNERABLE! "Capable of being physically or emotionally wounded or hurt...open to temptation and persuasion...susceptible, (meaning capable of some specified treatment) to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon!

    The Lord was reminding me that because of who I am, and WHO'S I am, because of what He has call me to do, I am capable of experiencing the physical, emotional, and spiritual attacks of the enemy. He even allowed me to see how I was tempted and will be tempted to compromise who I am in Him and what He has call me to do. He began to let me see that the attacks have come, and will come in all forms. Bodily attacks of sickness and unexplained pain. Emotional attacks on my feelings that were cause by people being used by the enemy, who have come or are even present now, dressed in sheep clothing, but are "ravening wolves" presenting themselves in false deceptive ways, speaking beautiful so called "godly" words, which are all false and represent their god, the devil! He showed me the wounds that I have received over the years that were meant to not only stop me, but kill me! And unfortunately, He revealed future plans and assignments of the enemy...or should I say, fortunately!

    But you must know that the Lord encouraged me with His Word!! He began like this:

Isaiah 41:10, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed,  for I AM YOUR GOD. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with My VICTORIOUS  right hand." (NLT).

2 Timothy 3:12, "Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. (NLT).

2 Corinthians 4:8-9, " We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not destroyed;"

Ephesians 6:10, " A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil."

    This made me understand without a doubt, that being vulnerable was not a bad thing in God's eyes, it is just a fact and characteristic of a holy life! A "souled out" life! A life chosen to represent and to do the work of the Lord! But most importantly it is a life that is protected, strengthened, and helped by God Himself! A life with steps ordered by the Lord! And, when we live this life, we can be assured that the Spirit of God will reveal and then quench the fiery darts of the wicked! We will be found standing firm, when the battle is over! Yes, we may be a little troubled, perplexed, persecuted, and cast down, but we surly are not distressed, in despair, forsaken nor destroyed!!! GLORY TO GOD!!!

    So today, Woman of God, Man of God, remember your vulnerability to the things the enemy throws your way, only confirms you are HIS CHOSEN VESSEL! A Believer that has chosen to live godly for Christ! So, let's make some things clear...You ARE able to ward off attacks, you ARE able to detect wolves in sheep clothing! You ARE able to spot a trick of the enemy and to resist seduction! And it's all because of the Power of the HOLY GHOST


    Thanks LORD! For showing me and your people that  we are VULNERABLE ...BUT VICTORIOUS!!!





11 comments:

  1. I thank God that though we are capable of being physically or emotionally wounded or hurt, Our God is more than capable of protecting us from those things and if He allows them to happen, His grace is sufficient for us to handle it and He is also capable of healing any and every kind of hurt or wound. I thank God that though we are open to temptation, He has promised to always provide a way of escape. Though we are open to persuasion, we will not be moved because God himself has planted us and we stand on His word. I thank God that though we are susceptible to being hurt or wounded as by a weapon, God has promised that no weapon formed will be able to prosper, so the weapons of the enemy that are designed to kill and destroy us will never do anymore than temporarily wound or hurt us. I THANK GOD THAT WHEN WE ARE VULNERABLE, OUR GOD IS STRONG.....THANK YOU LORD AND THANK YOU PASTOR !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! We serve a Mighty God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apostle Rich MillerTuesday, March 27, 2012

    Awesome as usual Gorgeous Woman of God! Jesus looked vulnerable too when He was carrying that cross, even when He was nailed to that same cross! But He "played" the devil. His vulnerability actually led to the Victory that you are proclaiming in this blog today! What a Word! And what a Mighty God we serve!! Continue my Pastor...continue!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN, A.M.O.G.! I'm so grateful that he sent this Word at this time! I can truly say that I know He was thinking of me while on the cross! Everyone that is a believer, should know it, too! Thanks for all your encouragement and support...Priceless!! <3

      Delete
  4. Amazing as always! Just what I needed. Love u Auntie..... awesome woman of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy this blessed you, Ree. I'm looking forward to seeing you in church, VERY SOON! Love you!

      Delete
  5. This post is so deep, true, and on point. My GOD. I thank YOU FATHER GOD for this word. Pastor, I will print this out and read this over and over again because it is powerful. POWERFUL. POWERFUL. GOD BLESS YOU PASTOR SHEILA. WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glory to God, Evang! Our Awesome God knows just how to strengthen us, encourage us and keep us moving! I know you can identify with this Word!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is so good!! Three months later this word is reposted just for me. Only God in his infinite wisdom knows all things. His timing is perfect. Vulnerable; Wounded as with a weapon, but choosing to allow God to work. He is my healer, even when it comes to the emotions. In Him!! I will trust in Him and his ways. Yes, the devil got a good blow in, but it ain't over! I'm shaking it off, with God I am a Winner! Why? Because God never fails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GLORY TO GOD!!!! I'm so glad the Word blessed you! It blessed me, too this morning! And I truly need it, too!

    ReplyDelete