Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ARE YOU LIKE MANOAH'S WIFE?

Judges 13:1 says, " And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord delivered them into the hand of the Philistines forty years." Once again, God's people needed to be delivered from an enemy because of their wrong doing. But the important thing here is, God wanted them to be delivered! Even though they were hard headed and stiff necked, He continued to love them, as he does us today! So, He set a plan in motion to raise up a man that would be used for this purpose.

It all started in a town called Zorah. In this town lived a man named Manoah. The bible says that Manoah's wife was barren, and they had no children. But her life was about to change, and not only that, what was about to happen in her life, would change many, many lives in the years to come. The Bible says in Judges 13:3, "And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son." In verses 4-5, the angel began to give Manoah's wife specific instruction to follow during her pregnancy, and for after the birth of her son. Because Manoah's wife was going to give birth to the child that would eventually "begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines", he needed to be completely dedicated to God, even before birth. This child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb! This meant that God intended for the child, who's name was Samson, to live according to His highest standards for His people.

I'm writing about this story because after reading it, I realized that WE DON'T EVEN KNOW MANOAH'S WIFE'S NAME! It also said to me, because the angel of the Lord appeared directly to "the woman", it demonstrated her spiritual connection to God, her character, and strength. God knew He could trust her to obey His instructions! He trusted and blessed her to carry and give birth to the one He would use to begin Israel's deliverance from the Philistines! The woman, WHO'S NAME WE DON'T KNOW, showed God no doubt and no fear. She was ready to get the job done for God, so HE would get the Glory!

This got me to thinking about today's Christian society...you know, "The Church", "Church Folk", "The Body of Christ", etc. It has become so important that we be known to one another and to the world. The Lord allowed me to see how the Church,  Apostles, Prophets, Evangelist, Pastors and Teachers...Musicians, Singers, and now even Dancers, Mimes, and other workers, promote themselves and "their" ministries, more than they do Him and His Word! He showed me how television commercials for churches and ministries, radio program, conferences, and events commercials, magazine ads, billboards, and even business cards and flyers, say little if anything about HIM! The Lord showed me that this causes His saving Power to be hindered, the Light of His Spirit to be blocked from those who are lost, from those who need to be delivered and set free, because they are seeing the bright light of pride, arrogance, and selfishness in His place...a nasty trick of the enemy! All I can say is LORD HELP US ALL!!

Then the question came to me, "ARE YOU LIKE MANOAH'S WIFE?" No one even know her name!! Yet she was seen by God to be worthy to be used by Him. God knew that she would obey Him! Nothing was mentioned about her talents, her gifts, her looks, her status in the community...we don't know where she's from, who her daddy was, not even her age! But what we do know is that GOD USED HER! Judges 13: 23 also shows me that she also knew her God! The son that she birthed and raised, began the deliverance of Israel. And the work was completed 150 years later in the days of King David!

Manoah's Wife! Whatever her name is,  she encouraged me! I HOPE YOU ARE ENCOURAGED, TOO! Her story is teaching a priceless lesson to women and men everywhere! My spirit is crying out to the Lord, even as I write this; LORD!! PEOPLE DON'T NEED TO KNOW MY NAME! JUST USE ME FOR YOUR GLORY! JUST MOVE IN MY LIFE SO OTHERS WILL SEE YOU, AND NOT ME! While I was speaking this, The Lord said, "Proverbs 18:16, "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men." He went on to say, "Every good and perfect gift comes from me. Without me, you can do nothing. Just as I made Manoah's wife to serve a purpose for My Glory, so have I made you to do the same! But, my glory I will not give to another! The gifts that I have placed in you will operate by My Spirit...if you allow me to remain in control. By My Spirit, and by My Spirit only, will you achieve great success. Anything else is just the works of your hands, and it will all fail."

Women of God, people of God, you were created for great things to come through you! The very souls of many will be saved through the work of the Spirit in your life...just remember Manoah's wife, THE WOMAN WHO'S NAME IS NOT KNOWN BY MEN, BUT WAS HONORED BY GOD!

This is a question for everyone...ARE YOU LIKE MANOAH'S WIFE?

Blessings!
Pastor Sheila

4 comments:

  1. Nikiya DarlingtonWednesday, March 07, 2012

    MY GOD THIS WAS AWESOME! Something to make you think! Glory to God for His Word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an Awesome and definetly encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! It reminds me of what we are taught; its not about "us". Thank God for the word! I love it and I love you!

    ReplyDelete