Thursday, February 23, 2012

BE A "VIRTUOUS WOMAN" BUT TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, TOO!

Some may not like what I'm going to say about the very much talked about Proverb 31 scripture, which describes a wife/woman of "noble character" or as some bibles say, "a truly good wife." But, this is my opinion. 

I wonder if these verses 10-27 are really thought about or understood?  Solomon wrote most of this book along with Agur and Lemuel contributing to some of the later sections. He starts verse 10 with a question "Who can find a virtuous woman?"  But this is a rhetorical question, and what he is saying is that this woman is a rare find!  Then he begins to list many, many characteristics of this woman who's value is priceless! But does this suggest that this type of woman cannot be found? Hummm....

I began to look at all of the things that this woman, according to Solomon and his boys, did!  I raised my eyebrow, and thought, Solomon, Agur and Lemuel, I don't know about the women in your day, but this woman is me and many, many, many other "Godly and Beautiful!" women I know!!

As wives and mothers, grand-moms, single moms, and women in ministry, we demonstrate these qualities everyday of our lives! Let me just speak for myself for a moment as I look over Proverbs 31,verses 10-27 ...but you can feel free to jump in anytime if you agree...

I love and take care of my  husband, while supporting, and standing by him, so that he can trust me to always be there while he works diligently for our God and our family. For 33 years, I have done him good, and I plan to continue until Jesus comes!  It is my pleasure to make sure my husband and children dress well, though I don't make their clothes, I sure know how to pick them out and buy them. There is always food in our home, it may not come from afar, thank God for "Shop Rite", "Pathmark", "Save-A-Lot", and even "Popeye's!" 
 
When I rise while it is yet night, it's because I'm praying for my family, applying the Blood of Jesus over their lives, before they even wake up! Then, they are fed. 
With the wisdom of God, I know how to work with our finances...tithing, giving, managing, so that our vineyard is always fruitful. I understand that the JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH, AND THAT I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT GIVES ME STRENGTH!

The work of my hands is blessed because of the Spirit of God that lives on the inside of me, and because of His Spirit, my heart has compassion for those around me who are in need.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, does not stop me from taking care of my family, and making sure they have the best. 

Though I may not like to dress up, trust me, I do know how! And, I make sure my husband , baby son, (my other children are grown now) as well as myself always represent who we are. Though jeans and a sweatshirt feels mighty nice!

And yes, my husband is known in the circle we are in, he's known as my "Awesome Man Of  God", because I'm so very proud of what the Lord has done in his life and in our marriage. I told you I don't make clothes to sell...but I can make a mean sweet potato pie, which will bring in some resources if needed!

My strength and honor is only because of the LORD! And I do rejoice because of the things the Lord has called me to do now and in the future. He has given me the tongue of the learned, He has put a sword in my mouth, yes the LORD has taught me to tame my tongue so that it says what HE wants it to say to His people. And, because of all I do for my household, and for the household of God, there is no idle time!

But one thing I noticed that this "Virtuous Woman" is not described as doing, and that is TAKING CARE OF HERSELF! I'm so sure you found yourself in the things I just talked about, but how much time do you spend taking care of yourself so that you can continue to do all that you do? I asked myself that question and the answer is, NOT NEARLY ENOUGH! 

We as women have to learn that it is just as important to be concerned about OUR  health, needs, wants and desires, careers, education, whether or not we have decent clothes and shoes...whether are we getting enough rest, have we had our check-ups, and are we taking the time to eat right, etc. And one major concern, are we giving God quality time, or are we so busy being "The Virtuous Woman" Solomon described that we are falling short, and running on grace and mercy! 

When you think about it Virtuous really means, conforming to moral and ethical principles. It means chaste and upright. So, when we are saved, Godly women, the Spirit of God makes us Virtuous! And because of GOD'S Spirit, EVERYTHING ELSE IS A PLUS! SO, TAKE CARE OF  YOURSELF, TOO, VIRTUOUS WOMAN! Care for your body, mind and spirit, so you can be around to continue to be the GODLY AND BEAUTIFUL! Woman God made you! Believe me, I'm going to have to work on this, too!

BLESSINGS!

16 comments:

  1. The truth shall make you free! This was just AWESOME & Encouraging! Every woman, mother, wife, needs to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my Godly and Beautiful Daughter! God know just how to lift us up! He wants us to see ourselves through HIS eyes. HE'S So AWESOME!

      BLESSINGS!
      Mommy

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a blessings. I took so much from it that I will apply to my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you were blessed, Daughter! Hope to see you soon! Get ready for our next Fellowship!
      Blessings!
      Pastor Sheila

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. So glad you were blessed, Daughter! Walk in your blessing! I'm looking forward to seeing you at the next "GODLY AND BEAUTIFUL!" FELLOWSHIP!

      Delete
  5. Hi, seen this through a link to Sheila on FB, definitely blessed, sadly enough many women do not know their worth to know they are or can become virtuous women of God. God has led me to begin a women's group WOVEN Women Of Victories Embarking Newness. Our second meeting is this Saturday please pray for the ministry. As I pray for this ministry to release God's sealed information. God Bless you. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry wrong link above, this is the correct link.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you were blessed by Godly and Beautiful! Ministry, Karen! It is my desire to empower women to understand and KNOW who they are in the Lord... starting from the inside, out! I invite you to join and follow the Blog, and feel free to let us know what's going on in your ministry! I will surely pray for WOVEN! Be encouraged to continue in the work of the Lord! It is much needed.
      Blessings!
      Pastor Sheila

      Delete
  6. THIS WAS SO GOOD AND SO ENCOURAGING, I AM GOING TO READ THIS TO THE LADIES IN OUR MARRIAGE CLASS TODAY, I JUST HAD TO SHARE IT!!!, THANK YOU:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pastor Tasia! I'm so glad it blessed you, and I pray it blesses the Beautiful Women of God in your marriage class!
      Blessings!
      Pastor Sheila

      Delete
  7. Apostle Rich MillerSaturday, February 25, 2012

    Pastor...this Blog is simply awesome! I encourage you to keep this going. This is going to bless millions of people everywhere! You KNOW you have my support 100%. I pray God's anointing on this page and your every endeavor. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blog.... Sometimes we as mothers and wives we forget about ourselves. Thanks Pastor this is a great blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this timely reminder. You have greatly encouraged me! -from Becki Jameson

    ReplyDelete